Friday, December 14, 2012

So Thankful

After seeing news of today's horrific tragedy involving a massive shooting at an elementary school, I am never more thankful to see my own kids walk through the front doors this afternoon and to be able to post these pictures of my children in their true states of innocence and peacefulness. I can't even wrap my brain (or my heart) around what happened today and have not turned on the tv or clicked on the link on the internet for fear that I won't recover from the sobs that would follow before the girls arrive tonight for Jaidyn's indoor camp-out slumber party celebrating her 8th birthday. Last weekend we attended a Breakfast with Santa that one of my closest friends organized at her daughters school. The girls really enjoyed it and I know picking through the large selection of donuts and pastries was their favorite part. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Jaidyn, Addy and Levi participated in the church Christmas ADVENTure play last Saturday helping to portray the story of Mary being visited by the Angel Gabriel leading up to the events of the birth of Baby Jesus. The girls were glowing Heavenly Angels and Levi a "Bah-ing" Sheep in the flock. Wish I had a picture of Levi in his lamb costume, but he had already stripped out of it after the play as getting in line for the refreshments after was way more important to him. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket We celebrated with dinner out after the Christmas play with Grandma Penny, Papa Dave and Nana. I think Papa must have been picking on the girls about something... I have spent many hours of the week preparing for Jaidyn's birthday including an overhaul cleaning of the girls room. I'm pleased with the results, but I have bets that it doesn't stay looking this way long. But for now, I can walk in and not be overwhelmed by the enormous amount of clutter (or treasures as they call it) that they possess. Photobucket Photobucket Now I have proof who gets to get in all the ZZZZ's in our house! And it's not me! So when you all see me all frazzled with saggy eyes and Wes looks to be energized and vibrant, you all know why! :) Photobucket Photobucket Naughty or Nice! I'll let you all decide! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment